Wednesday, July 11, 2012

she is finished!!!



for the past few days (and I stretch it not. It only took a few days) I have been knitting this jewel from "Victorian Lace Today" (one of my favorite lace books). Shoulder Shawl in Syrian Pattern (Rav link)

UNBLOCKED it is wider than I am tall. I can not believe how big this thing is. When I started out I wanted to make sure I used the whole skein so I did just that & ended up using a couple hundred yards finishing and putting a nice frilly crochet edging on it. I am pretty happy with it & I can't wait to see what it looks like blocked...but I dread doing the blocking. I just know I don't have enough pins as it is, and Lord knows I don't have enough wires...but I'm gonna try to "Hugh it up" and make it work *reference to my Daddy & how he can make anything work for him with just a little time & sometimes some duct tape* 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting mail! Thanks for leaving your message....

Life is too short to be anything other than happy so if your message is going to be negative or hurtful it will NOT be published, so save our time and just don't spread negativity :o)

thanks!!

happy knitting!